Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Back from sabatical...

Oh, I really wish that were my excuse. For a while there I forgot that my blog even existed....and really there isn't an excuse that this poor site hasn't been updated for an eternity. I've just been flat out busy. Summer, kids, camping, kids, work, play, kids. You all know what I mean. But just because I haven't been posting jack-diddly here, doesn't mean I haven't been creating away. There have been many a nights sitting in my craft room with the juices flowing, when I really should be in bed instead. My body has figured out that I can stay up past 9:30pm, and it doesn't kill me at all. I fondly remembered that Jay Leno has this great monologue, and yeah - it's worth staying up for sometimes. But, I have been working and have made some great things - some of which I have forgotten to photograph. Like the card that I submitted to Stampin' Up! for one of their monthly contests, which I obviously didn't win, because the phone has not rang on this end from Salt Lake City. And trust me, I've been checking not only the answering machine, but also the caller id....Shelli, feel free, give me a call sometime.





Yeah, I know, you really want to see what I've been creating....here it goes:








I made this little bottle topper last night as a gift for our babysitter's birthday today. She said that she really appreciated the enabling! FYI - this is a bottle of Fetzer Gerwurtztraminer. It's YUMMY!! A nice white with fruity undertones, not too sweet, not too dry. I'm in love! Here's a close up of the topper. In the box, I tucked a gift certificate:



This stamp is from Happy Blessings and can be found in the Holiday Mini - available Oct. 1. And the paper is also from the mini - Autumn Vine. It's great paper. I think I'm loving it more so than all of the holiday paper. It combines Choc. Chip, Really Rust, More Mustard (which I NEVER use) and Sage Shadow. Makes a really great combo. I also used Choc. Chip wide grosgrain ribbon and choc. chip paper. The directions for the box can be found here on Splitcoast Stampers.

Here is a card that we made at our last Stamp Club meeting. We have so much fun at our club meetings, I wish we could do it more often. It's a great group of gals! Anyway, I LOVE this card - that's right love it! I CASED it off of Splitcoast, and can't remember exactly who...she did have some felt flowers included on her card, I opted for dazzling diamonds instead. I also used the ticket punch. But, I really love the combo of Choc. Chip and Baha Breeze. Warm and cool all at the same time! Who'd a thunk it?


This stamp set is To You and Yours. I LOVE it for it's simplicity and elegance. The background is stamped with snowflake images from Snow Swirled. The little snowflake is down in Baha Breeze, while the bigger flake is with Versamark. It helps give a little dimension I think. (doesn't show the best here) I stamped the house with Choc Chip, then used my 2-way glue pen and sprinkled dazzling diamonds over the top... gojus!

Our technique for this month was moonlighting. I cased this card from the infamous Jan Tink, the goddess that she is. If you haven't checked out her blog, do so.



There is a great tutorial on her blog for this moonlighting tech. My photo isn't great colorwise....

Here is our other moonlit card:




This one uses the Upsy Daisy set that I love....it can be masculine - kinda like the card here, or it can be way feminine. It's nice a versital. Again, the color seems off. This was Always Artichoke, So Saffron, Choc. Chip ribbon, black ink, Really Rust and Pumpkin Pie for the sky. Very simple, and quite easy really. And if you like this stamp set, be sure to check out my upcoming class for World Card Making Day. You won't want to miss it!

No comments: