Thursday, January 8, 2009

More of the same, but different!

Okay - here are some of the other Christmas gifts that I made. For our niece Allana - who loves to draw - I decorated the cover of a Sketch Book for her. Gave it the title of "Allana Art" and she even noticed that part and thought it was cool how I shared the A for the two words. I thought that was pretty good for a 6 year old! I think this turned out good. I used Pink Pirouhette paper (and yea - I'm pretty sure I just misspelled that! Oh well) with a little Kiwi Kiss - and I have to say that they look pretty Cha-Cha-Cha together. I also used a rub-on from Love and Happiness (it was a Sale-A-Bration set last year). The hearts are from the new and not yeat release 2009 Spring/Summer Catty - Love you Much Stamp Set. Cute - eh! The bonus here - the little hearts have a coordinating punch! Makes life a snap. Add in a little Dazzling Diamonds and viola! Instant cute....oh, about forgot - all of that lovely ribbon on the coils. Too, too cute, right?





Here's Abby's name frame. Again, a mix of chipboard. I love chipboard. Add a little craft ink, or decorative paper, and you are good to go. I really like to mix the fonts with one another, and to also use the negative images too. There really can be minimal waste. Think outside of the box on how to use your chipboard.








I don't remember what Designer Paper this was from, but it is retired. The flower was a Sale-A-Bration set from a couple of years ago. I was happy to finally get to use it. Boys and flowers just don't go well together!



And then, there is Gabe. I really think this one turned out to be my favorite. I used Star Brads, Large Star punch, Sporting Stamp Set. My paper was Kraft and Not Quite Navy. The paper was also retired, and I'm not quite sure what pattern it was. But very sportsman like I thought!





It's hard to tell in the picture above, but the G is in white and the a is plain old naked chipboard. I love that look too.


I'm anxiously awaiting our new catalog to arrive in the mail. I'm hearing of some WONDERFUL stuff that will be included. But, for the time being, I must go get things cut for Saturday's Stamp Club...wait til you see what we're making this month!







No comments: