Monday, March 16, 2009

I've been blown away - by my

embossing tool! Really - I'm sure you're tired of looking at the same old blog page now for a week - and I have been creating - lots and lots with my heat embossing tool. This month my stamp clubs did a faux metal technique. This was so much fun - and was my first try at it too. We had a great time in both clubs - and I learned some things myself! Like how to tie a really pretty bow, thanks to Bonnie. And I did pass that info onto the other club, btw - and I did give you credit Bonnie!!! :) Anyway, while practicing the technique, this is one of the cards that I came up with.

I REALLY am loving this card. YILM (yes, I love myself! [phrase coined by Jan Tink]) I love the retro fan, the retro looking DSP - the colors...the new hardware that's about to come out - I love it all.




Isn't that just awesome - you simply heat up 4 layers of embossing powder - one at a time, moving very quickly so that the layers stay hot while you dust with more powder. When you have a nice thick layer of embossing powder heated up, you press your stamp into it and viola! Instant metal....
Tell me what you think! Leave me a comment please! Inquiring minds want to know - is this something that you would like to learn??
Recipe:
Paper: Baja Breeze, Going Gray, Urban Oasis DSP
Stamps: Puns from the Past
Accessories: Basic Jumbo Grommets (black), Valet Ribbon Originals, Tag Punch, Silver Embossing powder

2 comments:

Sarah Ogden said...

But is the tag paper? That looks really cool

Anonymous said...

Sarah - Yes the tag IS paper! It has 4 layers of embossing powder, and then I pressed my stamp into it. Then, let it cool, and punch out with the tag punch!