Sunday, April 5, 2009

Thrifty Gifty

I'm a huge fan of giving cute little gifts. Not gifts that you spent a fortune on, but those that have a little thought behind them, and ones that the recipient will appreciate the fact that you put some effort into. I like to look at an object and figure out a new use for - such as a Pringles chip can. Did you know that if you add a little designer paper, these become cute little gift boxes. As do Crystal Light canisters!

This is a $2 jar found at Walmart - I added a little paper, stamped a cute sentiment for the top, rubbed on some rub-ons and filled with candy. This particular jar was a door prize for a baby shower. Everyone oohhhed and aahhhed at the cuteness of it, and I was just glad that it was a hit.

And while it is super cute, the entire process took less than 10 minutes. It's so much more personable that just a jar of candy. Do any of you have some thrifty gifts that you've given? Leave a comment and let me know.

No comments: