Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A little Vintage Christmas...

Winter Post was by far my favorite stamp set last year, and I still love it this year - but for some reason I draw a blank when I try and figure out what to do with it. So, I kinda copied my card from last year, and just revamped it a bit....


I really like this image of the skaters. It's so nostalgic! I used to ice skate a lot, and loved it. Dorothy Hammill was my idol! While I never mastered much for spins or jumps - it was a great winter hobby. I even recall one VERY icy winter, we had a "pond" in our driveway, so I was able to ice skate in the driveway!!!


Overall, I like this card. I added the snowflake this year - which I layered - a Ruby Red snowflake underneath one that was punched out of the newsprint paper that comes in the Night & Day Specialty DSP. The image of the skaters was cut out with a Nestabilities die. I really roughed up the edges of the kraft postcard portion with the distressing tool on the Cutter Kit from Stampin' Up! I wanted it to look like it had been sent thru the ringer and was aged. And I really {heart} the twill ribbon - it's very, should I say, cooperative??? It just seems to lay well, to tie well, I can get a practically perfect knot - I think anybody can get a great knot with this ribbon!!! (Don't worry Stamp Club girls - I'll continue to tie knots for you!!!)

Okay - that's all for now! Do you want more tomorrow? Oh, of course you do - my wish is at your command!!!

Thanks for stopping!

Jen

No comments: