Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tag Box...

....are you wondering just what a tag box is? I was when I first heard it. Well today, Splitcoast had a Technique Challenge (they do every Monday apparently) to make a Tag Box. I was quite curious, so checked it out. It's a little box made from shipping tags, and if you don't have shipping tags, not a prob - just make a couple. The directions are on Splitcoast - just go to the lower right hand side of their home page, and click on Monday: Try a New Technique under the Weekly Challenges headline. Then, click on the challenge for 12/7/09.

I did absolutely no stamping for this one. And it went together very easily and quickly.


For my focal image I used the snowflake punch to punch two snowflakes out of vellum cardstock. (this is one of my new fave things to do, if you haven't noticed!) I used my 2 Way Glue Pen all over the top snowflake and then sprinkled it with Dazzling Diamonds. I should warn you that this WILL cause your vellum snowflake to curl up. In some cases, I'm okay with this - but in this case I wasn't thrilled with it. So, I used some more 2 way glue, and stuck it down to the snowflake under it. FYI - they aren't lined up on purpose! I then layed the entire snowflake bundle on it's front, being careful not to bend any "arms" of the snowflakes, and put some weight on it for a while so it would flatten back out.
The rest is pretty self explanitory. Just paper, and ribbon!

This was a very simple project - and QUICK!!! I will be using these for my mail lady with some specialty cocoa and yummy marshmallows tucked into it. (Kris-don't tell your mom ahead of time!! Should I stick one in my mailbox for you and Zoey too??? I'm sure she'd deliver it to you!)

Okay peeps - that's all for today - Jay Leno is distracting me - I must go now!!!!

Jen

1 comment:

Kris B~ said...

Jen~that is super cute!!! And I will not tell MOM!! :)