Monday, March 29, 2010

Sweet Sixteen...



My sister Megan turned 16 a week ago today. SO, if you've felt a little nervous while on the roadways in Western Iowa, that could be part of the explanation! Another 16 year old on the loose! Here is the card I made her:





I really like the way this card turned out - bright, cheery, perky! Just like a sixteen year old, right? I used the FTL81 from the Clean & Simple Stamping Blog for my sketch, with some adjustments - I didn't let any of the circles "fall off" the page as I really wanted to use the jumbo brads. I think they worked great..... The card base is actually the Melon Mambo that you see in the center of the circles. I stamped the white circles from the Circle Circus set in the holes. The medallion is from Vintage Labels set that is in the Sale-A-Bration catty, it's embossed with black EP to keep everything shinin'. I liked how the ring of circles (that you can barely see around the white) coordinate with the pattern in the brads. I felt as tho something was kinda missing tho - almost too clean for me *GASP!* - and decided to:



....add the black ribbon and bow at the top.....It set it off just the way I wanted it too....yeah, I'm patting myself on the back.....





And, to keep you up to date on life on the farm.....we still have snow - the drifts in our front yard just don't seem to melt. Here is my hubby (who stands 6'3") standing by the drift that never ends. This is the drift that you've seen in many photos over the winter. The pic was taken 3/23/10 (last Thursday) when we were out cleaning up tree branches. Lots and lots of tree branches! At one point this winter - for a good two months actually - we couldn't even see those bushes behind the drift...So I know the drift was 10 -12 ft high at least! It has continued to melt over the weekend, and is now about 3 ft. high....it's just taking it's own sweet time.

We made 4 huge piles in the front yard, making a great "bird's nest" for two little boys!
Will took his job seriously and was moving sticks like he really was a bird! Crazy kid....


Unfortunately for my little birds, their nest was burned yesterday, along with the 4 other piles we had. Now we need to move on to the other branches and trees that are all over the lawn - my hubby is loving the massive amounts of yard we have this spring (approx 3 acres) and the gazzilion trees on it.....and the fact that I'm less than two weeks from having a baby (hopefully!) so I'm not much help at all. If those boys were 5 years older.....I'll regret saying that I know! So, there is your update.
Hope you enjoyed my card - it is what you came here for after all - right!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the picture of Will pretending to be a bird. So cute! And then I laughed out loud at the entry about never leaving your projects out... not even for a minute.