Friday, March 5, 2010

Thinking Tree...

....somedays I sure could use a thinking tree....and a money tree.... But, for today, I created this little card with the tree from the Forest Friends Stamp Set. This set reminds me so much of the cute animals in the movie Bambi. I couldn't bring myself to buy the set, because I wasn't sure what I would do with it. Even tho I loved it....I just couldn't justify it. So, I was thrilled when it showed up on the Sale-A-Bration list of free stamps that could be earned! And that's just what I did. And when I got it, I "clear" mounted it right away - it's what I'm doing with any set that only comes wood mounted - I'm making them clear mount.

Looky here too....that favorite color combo of mine for the spring.....I just can't get enough! What is wrong with me? Anyone got a new combo for me to get hooked on??
I used the Mojo Monday sketch 128. I really like this sketch - in fact I have another card to show you tomorrow with the same sketch! The background paper is from the Sweet Pea pack - LOVE IT!!!!! I like how the pattern in the paper is continued with my circle which the tree is stamped.
And....gotta have one of those adorable epoxy brads from the Occasions Mini Catty! I tied my ribbon end with some linen thread, then punched a little hole for the brad to go thru. This area is tacked down with a glue dot.



Oh - and remember I said we had a lot of snow still.....yeah - I'm not at all kidding!
This is the snow fort my hubby built for the boys. It has a top entrance, 2 front entrances, and a side entrance too. If you look in the background really good, you can see my clothesline - look at the top of the snow line...there are 2 lines that run across the picture....that's my clothesline! CRAZY!!! It's been above freezing all week, and so there has been some meltage, but it's gonna be a while for it all to be gone!

And here - Will who stands almost 4 ft tall, can touch the top of the garage with his shovel. Had the drift been up to the garage, he could have just walked onto the roof. I'm so ready for it all to just melt away.
Alrighty folks....I've got some workshops to prepare for. So, check back tomorrow with my other card - same sketch!
Jen




No comments: