Monday, January 10, 2011

Crafty day!



I had a baby shower to attend over the weekend. While shopping for the shower, I just could not find anything that spoke to me. Mind you, we do live in a small town with very limited shopping, and I wasn't up for a drive to "the city". So, how about altering some plain onesies and barettes to match?? Perfect!


You've seen the Fun Flowers Die in the new Occasions Mini, right?? This new die has seen so much playtime in my craft room, the other dies are getting jealous! Here I used some felt for the flower. I got my felt from Papertrey Ink. One thing about felt is that you want to use good quality felt. Don't even bother with those felt sheets that you can buy at the craft dept of your big box store. They won't cut nicely, they'll fray, and there isn't any stability to them. This felt from Papertrey Ink is thick, it holds it's shape, and cuts like buttah! Plus there are some great colors to choose from, and is already sized to fit thru the BIG SHOT.


I kept this barette super simple - just because the flower on the shirt was pretty bold. These little circles are part of the Fun Flowers Die - and made a perfect size for the petite barette!


These flowers are from a retired set of Felt Flowers that Stampin' Up! carried a few years back. This made for a real cheery onesie.


The back side of the barettes have three little holes so that I could literally sew the flowers right onto the barette. I thought this was important so that a little one didn't choke on a button that may have come loose. I used button thread to sew them on since it's a lot more sturdy.


More of those Felt Flowers. I'm now wishing I would have hoarded more of these gems!




I think this one is adorable! Here I used the Beautiful Butterflies die, and the center of the butterfly is one of those felt flowers again. Be still my beating heart! Doesn't it just make you smile. FYI - I did sew (with my sewing machine, but could be done by hand) down the bottom butterfly. I stratigically placed the stitches so that the green butterfly would cover up the stitching. I just didn't want the butterfly to go flapping off the shirt - or to get really wonked up in the wash!




And isn't this barette too cute? I cut a scallop circle (with the BIG SHOT!) and swirled it into a flower, then sewed it onto the barette. Isn't it sweet???
These are even cute on bigger girl t's. I bought Aubrie a little white t that the big box that was CHEAP! ($3) and added the flower from the first onesie - I can't wait til she's big enough to model it for me. I couldn't find any long sleeve t's or I'd have done one up for her to wear now!
If you would like to see how easy it is to make these, or to see more of what fun things you can make with the BIG SHOT, please contact me! I can even help you earn a BIG SHOT FREE!!!! Contact me today!

1 comment:

Patti said...

Very clever idea and resourceful. You did a lovely job.