Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy Independence Day!!!!


Hi all!  I crafted up this card in the spirit of the 4th of July!  It was a little bit trying, I'll admit, with all of the heat embossing and layering of heat embossed items.  I'll even admit that it took me three tries to get a finished background that I was pleased with!!!  (pretty bad, or pretty anal, I don't know.)  In the end, I think it looks a lot like Fireworks.


I used the large blossom from Betsy's Blossoms, the little blossom center from Mixed Bunch and a snowflake from Snow Swirled.  And retired glitter with heat and stick powder.

So, go forth and celebrate your independence and be grateful to our forefathers that were courageous enough to seek a new life!

4 comments:

Davina Wallace Allgrim said...

What a clever idea! I never would have thought to use those stamps to imitate fireworks!
teadrinkingstamper.blogspot.com

Katie J. said...

Wow, great idea to use them as fireworks! I love this card and the sentiment! I am a new follower from Stampin' Connection, I'd love for you to follow my blog, too :) http://stampitupwithkatie.blogspot.com

Lorraine said...

Wow! How clever and beautiful.

Karen said...

I love your "fireworks" :-) Great card & super creative!!!!


http://kwstudio.blogspot.com/