Sunday, August 19, 2012


Howdy folks! Are you having a good weekend?  We're having a cool and dreary day in Iowa (well on Saturday anyway) - and that brought some much needed rain today (Saturday! ).  Probably not enough to make a big difference, and a little too late to help out most of our crops, but we do a little dance these days when it does rain.  It's pretty chilly tho - the high I'm sure didn't get about 60, and we have an outdoor party to attend tonight.  I'm wondering if I need to wear a turtleneck - and ya - it is only August.  I don't usually break those out until November.  Maybe October.  Anyway.....I know you came here to see some paper piecing creations from The Paper Players.  Well, did you check out that little number above?  Isn't she just the sweetest?  I went a little crazy on this gal.  I pieced her dress, the pumpkin and her socks and hat.  It was a little tedious - but my best customers know that I don't mind fussy cutting anything.  And I know that my best customers appreciate me even more when I don't make THEM fussy cut!


Aren't you loving that chevron dsp?  Super cute.  In fact, the Halloween paper from SU this year is probably my all time fave.  I like that it's not gothic or full of skulls and crossbones.  I like that it's trendy yet classic.  Great patterns that will stand the test of time.  That's totally me!  I like a good classic turtleneck, blazer, herringbone pattern, tweed.....you name it!  And the plaid I used here for this little gal's dress - how adorable did that turn out?  She'll be styling for years to come!

Are you ready to play along with The Paper Players?  Go ahead and get your fussy cutting scissors out - put on your bifocals if you need to - but join in the fun - just by clicking on the graphic below!



Once you've submitted your card - go check out what the other fantastic designers have come up with!




Supplies used:

7 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

HI Jen! Now THAT is some fussy-cuttng fabulousness! WOW! Love all of the detail in your cute little Halloween kiddo. That chevron paper is such a great touch and I do agree that this year, the Halloween paper is probably the best ever! Have a super day! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Jen, this is fabulous! Loving that new paper!!! Sweet card! Have fun at your outdoor gathering today....hope the weather improves for you!

LeAnne said...

This is just the cutest little thing ever!! LOVE all the paper piecing you did!

jaydee said...

Jen, this is adorable. I love that you used two different papers. Great coloring, too!
Jaydee

Amy White said...

This is so sweet! Love how you've dressed her in that patterned paper dress - and the matching hat and socks combo is such a great touch!

Nance Leedy said...

Holy guacamole, that is some amazing fussy-cutting, Jen! Love the colors and your use of that fun DSP! I am in awe of your scissor skills! :-)

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! She is just too cute! And what a fabulous job with the paper piecing! YOWZA!