Sunday, October 21, 2012

Paper Players #118 - Framed!



Good morning!  Today over at The Paper Players we're featuring frames!  I created a wintery card with a framed snowflake.  


At first glance, the snowflake may appear to be floating.  But I've sandwiched a piece of window sheet in between the actual card and the card front, to which I adhered the snowflake image.  When I die cut the hole in the card front and card, I place the card front on top of the card so that the holes lined up correctly, then put the window sheet between them, glueing everything down.  I used a pinking shear die cut circle, which I die cut a center circle out of to create the frame. 


I wanted a wintery effect from the flourish.  So, I stamped them with Whisper White Craft Ink and then used Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder.  This was a bit difficult to photograph, to show you the iridescentnous. (new word for your vocabulary!)


I stamped the center snowflake with Versamark and used silver EP.  Because I glued this directly to the window sheet, I didn't want the glue (Tombow Mono Multi) to show, so I stamped and embossed one for the inside too.

One more glittery pic for ya!


Now - go on and create a project yourself with a frame in it, and be sure to link up to The Paper Players blog!  And be sure to check out the other designers amazing cards for more inspiration!


The Paper Players Design Team

9 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Jen, I love that you made the snowflake float! That's beautiful! I never think to use window sheets! Brilliant idea! Wonderful holiday card!

LeAnne said...

LOVE this!!! Such a brilliant idea and a beautiful card!

Amy White said...

What a fabulous idea to use the window sheet to create a floating snowflake!

H2 :) said...

I love your floating image, Jen, beautifully framed by the spikey circle & all those gorgeous, glittery flourishes! Adore the colour scheme too! :)

Basement Stamper said...

That is gorgeous, love how you framed that darling snowflake. Thanks for picking me as your cut above this week at pp, much appreciated :-)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Gorgeous, Jen! Love how you framed the snowflake using the window sheet. The snowy flourishes are an awesome touch. I also REALLY like that color combo for a holiday card. So pretty!

Bev Gomez said...

Hey Jen, love your card. Very clever to use a window sheet. Love it! Hugs, Bev

Ann Schach said...

What a unique and clever design, Jen! I love the sparkle!

Nance Leedy said...

Jen, this is glitter-tastic! Love the window sheet ideas and how the snowflake appears to be floating! Just like a "real" sknowflake! Great job framing this challenge! ;-)