Friday, November 23, 2012

Guest Blogger!


Hi, I’m Cindy and I am honored to be a guest blogger here today on Jen’s Stamped Silly BlogSpot.  I have been stamping with Jen for several years now and joined her Stamped Silly team of demonstrators about 16 months ago.  I love Stampin’ Up and am excited for the opportunity to blog and share with you today.
The project I have made to share with you is one that my Stamp Club “Creative Queens” made at our recent quarterly club meeting.  It is a 4 x 6 acrylic frame turned into a desktop post-it-note holder and decorated for the holiday season.  We simply cut a piece of the “Be of Good Cheer” DSP into a 4 x 6 piece, border punched 2 pieces of coordinating colored cardstock, attached them to the DSP, and slid it into the frame.  We embellished the front with a pair of embossed mittens from the “Make a Mitten” stamp set and added a piece of Whisper White Sweater Trim to them, and popped them up with dimensionals.  We stuck on the 3 x 3 post-it-note pad and wah-lah, our project was done!  This project was super simple and my Creative Queens loved it for that reason and because it would be a quick, inexpensive gift item (these frames are only $1 at the discount stores!).  And everyone always has that last minute office gift exchange or forgotten teacher that they need something for!

      
As the group talked about this project, we decided it would also be fun to make these up for different seasons or occasions … change it out with a lacy heart for Valentine’s Day, a decorated egg for Easter, flowers for spring, leaves for fall, etc.  How cool would it be to make it a gift set with everything done, so all the recipient would have to do is change out the decorated 4 x 6” DSP and the front embellishment and have a post-it-note holder for their desk for year round?  I love this idea and I think this just might be what my co-workers get for Christmas this year!  I sure hope they don’t see this blog post!

No comments: