Thursday, November 1, 2012

On the first day of Christmas....



...my true love gave to me.  A gift card in a cool tin!!!

Welcome to my 1st ever 12 Days of Christmas Gettin' Gifty countdown.  The next twelve days I will show you some creative ideas to make your gift giving more memorable, more special, and, well....more creative!  So, let's get the show on the road shall we??

First up.  How many of us give Gift Cards for Christmas?  Yeah - just about all of us, right!  But, while we all love to receive gift cards, the actual presenting of said card is kinda boring.  Here I've turned a CD tin into a gift card holder.  However, it's big enough, it can also hold small jewelry too.


I simply trace my tin onto the back of my designer paper - here I used Snow Festival.  I adhere it to the front  (and back) with Tombow Mono Multi, then use a sanding block to clean up the edges. I created a belly band using some Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon and one of the Snow Festival printed tags.  Love that Stampin' Up! is always coming up with coordinating products for us!

Simply remove the belly band (no need to untie those pretty bows!) by sliding it off to open the tin.


Adhere some paper on the inside, then embellish a bit.


A tag on the inside???  Yep - this serves as the the holder for the gift card, just glue on three sides and leave the top open.

Cute, eh???

I cut out one of those cute little owls and popped him up.  Added a little Happy Christmas flag, so that lil' owl had some purpose...other than a Where's Waldo Owl.

Wouldn't your gift receivers love this?  You can typically get one tin done from a single sheet of 12x12 designer paper! You can order the supplies from my website - except for the tins.  If you are interested in the tins - contact me, and I can set you up!

2 comments:

Stacey Gibbon said...

LOVE THIS! Wanna know why? I love owls. EEK. I can't get over the paper. So cute.

Thanks for sharing and linking up at Thursday Obsessions with Glued To My Crafts. Hope to see you this week too!

I'm going to do a special mention of this post this coming Thursday. So be sure to come check it out :)

Dawn Easton said...

Very sweet, inside and out! Definitely good for some smaller gifts too!