Sunday, November 25, 2012

Paper Players #123 - Jaydee's Sketch




Good Morning all!


Were you able to get your Christmas shopping all done this weekend?  When I heard all about the grumblings that went on in the Omaha shopping malls, I was definitely glad that I wasn't one of those Black Friday Shoppers!  For those not in our area, not one, but TWO of the malls in Omaha were evacuated because of large fights - on one account, a metal trash can lid was tossed across the floor, and to others, sounded like guns shots.  Sure made me feel glad that I stay all snug and cozy in my jammies on Black Friday and shopped from the comfort of my couch!!!  

The rest of the weekend was spent.....eating!  We have one more Thanksgiving today, at my Mom's house with my Grandma and my Great Aunt.  It will be a quieter Thanksgiving Feast.  The only little kids will be my own.  Although, as I think about that.....it might not be so quiet.  No other kids to play with.....that might be trouble.  I joke here at home that I can set my watch by what time the boys start to wrestle.  5:25pm, daily.  It's like their internal clock goes off and the WWE mat emerges from our living room floor. UGH!  BOYS....

So.....enough of my rambling right - you wanna see something card related???




Jaydee's created a great sketch for us to work with this week.  It's SO versatile - one that needs to stay in your sketch book for future use.


I stayed pretty clean with mine this week.  It's definitely a 10 minute card (or less, really!)  I punched my mittens, flipped one over, then lined them up and stamped the knit image with versamark and heat embossed it with White Embossing Powder.

The sentiment is heat embossed with Cherry Cobbler EP.  I like how the color really makes an impact when you heat emboss it.

The side scallops are die cut and embossed with Adorning Accents Edgelits and Embossing Folders.  I love that Stampin' Up! makes it that easy for us!  Die cut. Emboss. Cool.

I hope you enjoyed today's card.  Be sure to come back later today and see what specials I'll have for tomorrow's Cyber Monday!

In the meantime - go check out some fabulous inspiration from our Design Team:



The Paper Players Design Team

9 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Jen, I LOVE red and blue for holiday cards! This one rocks! Love the idea of punching and flipping the mittens. Wish they made the stamped ones for both right and left....lol
Sounds like you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!! Enjoy today!

Nance Leedy said...

Such a clever way to get a left and right mitten! Love these colors and it's a perfect take on Jaydee's sketch! Great job with the challenge...hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Ann Schach said...

What a fun card, Jen! I love these colors together. I will be sad to see this little mitten set go:(

LeAnne said...

What a fun creation...this is my favorite paper from that pack and sadly, it is all GONE! Your mittens are sweet!

Unknown said...

I LOVE those little mittens! So adorable!

Jen Timko said...

This is just fantastic! Love those mittens and your scalloped edges are awesome!

H2 :) said...

This is so cool, Jen! Love your sweet, hanging mittens & the pretty border strips. :)

Andrea W said...

Wonderful holiday card! I love how you tied the mittens to the button, very clever.

Amy White said...

So cute!! Love the way you've tied the mittens together with twine and hung them over the button! Great colour combo too!