Sunday, December 30, 2012

Ahhh.....I'm back!


Howdy Folks!!!  Did you think I disappeared?  Well, I didn't  but after the week I had I was beginning to wish I had!  Geesh....my head was spinning, wondering what direction to head next.  Last week we had 4 different Christmas festivities (and we still have 2 to go yet...one today, and one that is yet to be announced.)  And then, we had 2 days of funeral activities.  Andy's Grandpa passed away - he was 90 years old, and had lived a good full life.  Andy was one of the Pall Bearers, this was his last living Grandparent.  Then, to top the week off with some great chaos....Alex laid in our bed one night barely able to breath, wheezing and wheezing, making this momma worried to death.  Andy and I laid there with Alex in between us debating whether or not we should make a trip down to the ER.  We didn't end up going to the ER, but I did get up early in the morning and got him into the Dr. early as I could, only to find out that he had a bit of pneumonia. UGH!!!  I'm hoping that we can leave that week behind us and never look back!!  Too much craziness for this gal.

Besides the fact, that in my typical "Procraftination" mode, I was counting on those 3 days to finish up some card packs for my 2 Grandmothers.  Needless to say, I was burning the midnight oil to get all of the cards finished up in time.  Note to self....don't wait until the last minute to do this next year!  UGH!  I don't know what I think....I mean, seriously, I make cards all year long.  At least 25 cards a month.  You would think I could just set a couple cards back each month throughout the year....but WHY?

Because I'm a "Procraftinator!"

So, for the Grandma's, I created a packet of 20 handmade cards (and also included postage stamps).  One thing with my Grandmas, they aren't too keen on paying extra postage, so I tried to steer clear of bulky objects like buttons and ribbon knots, etc.

The first card I'm going to share with you is this one that uses the Chalkboard Technique that I showed you earlier.  You can find the video tutorial HERE.



I found inspiration for this card from the new Spring Catalog.  Aren't these pennants awesome!  It's one of those must have things on my list!

I let this card be a Celebratory card for any occasion.  I was going to turn it into a birthday card, but thought that it could be for numerous occasions.  Wouldn't this be cute as a graduation card - esp. with that chalkboard technique on there???

Don't worry - I'll be back tomorrow with another card from "The Grandma Collection".  Promise!  Hope to see you then!

post signature

No comments: