Monday, June 17, 2013

Washi Love & Label Love!


Hey there!!!  I have a super quick post today - after a long weekend of camping, I've got a lot of catch-up work to get done.  Mainly laundry, and cleaning house.  And since my hubby will be busy in the bean fields today and baling hay....I suppose I better mow the lawn for him and tend to my veggie garden too!  So much to do - but it was so worth it - that long weekend spent with my family enjoying the outdoors, teaching the boys to fish, teaching myself to take a fish off the hook!!!  Oh - it was all worth the extra work I'll do this week to catch up!!!

So today's card is one that we made in my monthly Stamp Club meetings.  We were using the negative space of dies as focal point. The bonus there is that you can use the positive portion on something else - there aren't any true scraps this way!



Isn't this card bright and cheerful?  The addition of the Gingham Garden Washi Tape just adds a fun element, and the way I've used it here, it helps pull your eye into the sentiment.  Don't forget to add a little washi tape to your envelope!  The mailman gets a little eye candy that way!

How else can you use the negative space from a die cut?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!

post signature

No comments: