Sunday, June 1, 2014

Creation Station #3 - Something for Baby & Hamburger Boxes!


Good Morning!  It's time for another blog hop from the Creation Station! 

If you are unfamiliar with The Creation Station, this is a group of talented Stampin' Up! demonstrators that have joined forces to show you many ways to use a couple of stamps and products.  

This week we're working with:

Something for Baby (released tomorrow) & Baby, We've Grown - Baby Themed Items
For the Birds stamp set
Hamburger Box Die (released tomorrow!)

I am working with the Something for Baby set and the Hamburger Box die.  Let's take a look at what I created:



I created a little gift ensemble - a 3x3 gift card along with the Hamburger Box decorated up for a baby gift.


I don't typically create many 3x3 cards, but this one just seemed suitable!  And when giving a little gift, little cards are perfect.  Or even to attach this to a gift bag as an adorable tag.
The flower is part of the stamp set, and YES! there is a die for that!!!  In fact, every image in the stamp set has a coordinating die.  How is THAT for ease!  The gem on the flower was colored with my Coastal Cabana medium Blendabilities marker.

The Hamburger Box is adorable, and I thought the coordinating DSP from Lullaby DSP was a perfect match for the little rubber duckie!  You can get the die and DSP June 2nd....hold on for one more day!!!  FYI - the Hamburger Box can be a little bit of a trick to put together if you follow the directions that come with the die. I've made assembly simpler by clipping some corners - you can watch the tutorial video I created and save yourself a headache!


Here's the inside of the box.  If I had BABY sized frilly socks, I could have probably fit a couple of pairs in here.  But.....Aubrie's feet are bigger than a baby now (sad faced momma!) and this is all that I had for my photo prop....I think you could also put some baby girl hair pretties in here...a gift card....

 When you create the box, simply adhere a piece of baker's twine into the corner seams to create a little clothesline.  You will probably want to put a little glue at the top of the clothespins to hold them in place, otherwise they want to flip over.  The "sweet baby" image comes from Bitty Banners.

Okay....now let's take a completely different look at that Something for Baby set....



When I initially looked at this set, I was curious what else I could do with it besides baby cards.....

It was a quick fix to turn the onesie into a football shirt...at least I hope that's what everyone else sees!  



The background was stamped with an image from Blue Ribbon, the sentiment comes from a new set - Bravo!  And a little tip there.  Bravo! is a photopolymer set with some wonderful Congratulations sentiments, and they are LARGE!  I am finding that the Photopolymer sets work great with Memento Black ink - the ink doesn't stain your clear stamps the way that Stazon will.  

The numbers on the shirt come from the Project Life stamp set and the football is from Great Sport - which unfortunately retires tomorrow.....

That's all I have for you today - but I know that the rest of the Creation Station team has some awesome projects - be sure to continue onto Ilina's blog to check out her amazing work.  OR! Head backwards to Justin's blog and see what he's created for us...


    




Learn to create your own embossing paste, make your own stencils, and lots more!


New Online Class - Envelope Punch Board Class
Create 5 boxes! Not envelopes!  Using the EPB!


post signature

6 comments:

Jennifer Downey said...

Ingenious! LOVE how you made the onsie into a jersey! =) Super cute how you have the booties hanging on the inside! Love it when people think outside the box! TFS!

Deborah Smart said...

Fabulous projects, Jen! I love the surprise of the little socks die inside the box :) So clever of you to use the onsie die to create a jersey - it's such a fun set - you've opened up the uses for it!
Thanks for sharing :)

kkstamper said...

Wow! These projects are stunning! I love the clothesline inside the hamburger gift box. And what a smart idea to turn the onesie into a football jersey. That's thinking way outside the "baby" box!!

Jenn said...

I love seeing a variety of ways a stamp set can be used. Your babysuit into a tee is perfect! Way to think outside the box.
Gorgeous baby designs too by the way.

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi Boos said...

So impressive, Jen! Where do I begin? Each of your projects are beautifully done...right down to the last detail. LOVE the "booties box", especially with the little booties hanging up on the inside. And the onesie turned t-shirt is so clever!! Thanks for sharing such fun projects!

~Heidi at Stuck on Stampin'