Wednesday, February 18, 2015

How to Create a Subtle Color Wash with Stamps


Hey there!  Anyone else head over heals for the Painted Petals Stamp Set?  I'm sure I'm not the only one....I really love that we can get so many different looking flowers with this set, and all are gorgeous!  
I also love this card that I made the other day: Inspired by Shelli

Today I used the same technique, just with a different color palette.   The colors react differently when spritzed with water, and it shows better on the Inspired by Shelli card.  But I really like the way these colors are muted and softer when spritzed.


Hopefully you can see in the photo, that this card uses Shimmery White Cardstock.  Sometimes I forget about that cardstock, and it's SO pretty.  I've moved it to a new spot in my craft room so that I remember to use it more!  

Wondering how to create this?  I've created a video so you can see, but really the technique is quite simple.  Just stamp your images on shimmery white cardstock and spritz with water.  Not too much water, and one key - don't let your ink dry too much before you spritz.  Otherwise it doesn't run.


Here's the video: 






Product List

post signature


No comments: