Thursday, May 7, 2015

How to: Watercolor Resist with Stampin' Up! Butterflies Thinlits


Fun Technique Alert!!! 

I've come up with a fun "fruity" looking card for today's post.  It almost reminds me of Rainbow Sherbet!  Anyone else think that?

For this technique you are going to use the die cut butterfly image in a new way....and not use the actual die itself in the end product.

The color possibilities are endless here and you'll love the results and all that you can do with it.  

Watch to learn how this comes together:


I hope that you like this technique and will give it a try yourself.  

In the video I talked about how you need to extend the versamark and embossing powder beyond the butterfly, and that when you brush away the excess, you'll end up with a bit of crumb texture.  In this picture below, you can see it a little better.  You get a little bit of speckles of embossing, and I think that looks kind of cool.  You could be more meticulous if you wanted to be, but I'm okay with the look.  And that's saying a lot from this anal gal!

Would love to know what you think.....leave me a comment!




Product List


post signature

No comments: