Tuesday, May 3, 2016

I went to the dark side! Altenew Peony Bouquet


Once in awhile, I just can't stop myself.  I'm pretty good at sticking with Stampin' Up! only.  However, there are times when I just can't resist buying something from another company.  

It's kind of like being a loyal Yankees fan, but someone give you tickets to a Red Sox game.  Or, you really only shop at Ann Taylor's, but see something really cute at the boutique down the street that you can't resist.  

It's the same sometimes with stamps.  Once in awhile, I've just gotta change it up and live a little on the wild side.

In the end - the Peony Bouquet stamp set from Altenew is GORGEOUS!  And I'm SO glad I now own it.  The images look incredibly real, and I can change up the colors for a little different look.


Don't worry - I used all Stampin' Up! paper and ink.  I'm still a loyal SU fan, even tho I went to the Altenew stadium.  In this case, I think it helps my creative spirit.  It helps me to play with other kids to help me appreciate the kids that I have..... (you do get that analogy, right?)

I also created this in multiple - and my MISTI tool helped a TON with that.  I'm creating more multiples of cards since I'm now selling my cards at a local store.  Plus, I'm finding that I can create several in about the same amount of time it takes to make one.


Thanks for stopping by today! 

1 comment:

JudyB said...

This card is gorgeous! I too am loyal to SU but have been eyeing that Peony set for a while. TFS!